Pages

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

At least it's not 1 step forward, 2 steps back....more like 2 steps forward, 1 step back

So Sunday, Frank and I drove up to the little town of Frankenmuth, where are daughter and sil had set up a booth at the craft fair.  Our daughter, Nicole, and her husband, Pierre own a company called Petoskey and Pine.  Petoskey and Pine carries Artisinal Soaps and Bath Products, created by the owners, who maintain high standards and only use quality products that are vegan, organic and fair trade.


Sorry, I get off track sometimes.  Anyway, we were hanging around Frankenmuth waiting for the craft show to close so that we could take them to dinner.  I had planned my afternoon snack and was prepared.....or so I thought.  At one point in the afternoon, we stopped in the plaza where a German Band was playing.  We watched, we danced, we sang and then.....I had a beer.  It was a conscious decision and I thought "what harm can 1 beer do?".  

Image result for warsteiner beer

Monday morning the scale was up 1 lb.  I don't know if it was the beer or just a normal fluctuation of weight but it was ditressing none the less and worth taking note of.  The scale is back down today but I'm not showing any weight loss since Saturday.  My normal weigh days are Wednesday and Saturday so we will see what that brings this week.  Either way, I'm down 11 lbs from my start weight.

I guess my point is that life happens.  While trying to maintain this eating plan there are going to be times when you either can't or don't want to.  I am going to be kind to myself and figure if I can stay true to this plan 90% of the time, then that is okay.

Wednesday we have been invited to a jazz bar by Frank's sister and her husband.  They serve small plates and cocktails.  I will have already eaten dinner so I will have my snack while I am there and I will allow myself one or two cocktails, each preceded and followed by a large glass of water.

Then I will try to be very good because on the last Friday of this eating plan my friend, Renee, is having a Wine Tasting Party that she had won and asked if she could have at my house. This has been planned for months. There will be 4 of us and we are having a pajama party after the tasting so nobody needed to worry about driving.  The good thing about hosting it is that I am in charge of the food portion so I can at least stay on track with that aspect of the eating plan.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad that you adapt the plan to your lifestyle. I think that is what we really have to do to be successful. And who would want to pass on a glass of wine. Or a cocktail once in awhile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certainly not I Paula and I find that if you are too strict with yourself you just give up completely and go back to eating as you were before.

      Delete