Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Entering into Phase 2 for the Last Time.....Until the Next Time

Well it is humpday.  I am reaching the end of this 28 day cycle that is the basis of The Fast Metabolism Diet.  It has been successful and easy enough that I am planning on starting a second 28 day cycle upon our return home from vacation.

I promised a post each day this last week of meals I have been enjoying while on this plan.  I shared breakfast on Monday and lunch on Tuesday.  Today, I am sharing a dinner with you that is Phase 2 friendly.

Phase 2 concentrates on protein and leafy vegetables.  You are to abstain from fats, fruits and grains. You are allowed lemon and lime juice.  I created a dinner of brined pork chops and sauteed cabbage for dinner tonight and wanted to share it with you, hence the late post.



You will find the recipe for the brined pork chops at my other blog, A Day in the Life on the Farm, on August 18th.   I am posting the recipe for the sauteed cabbage here for you today.


Rosemary and Garlic Sauteed Cabbage

1 head savoy cabbage, cored and shredded
1/2 small onion, sliced
2 T. apple cider vinegar
1 stem rosemary
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 c. chicken stock
salt and pepper to taste

Heat a wok or large skillet over med high heat.  Add the vinegar, rosemary and garlic.  Cook and stir until vinegar is nearly evaporated.  Add the chicken stock, bring to a boil.  Remove the rosemary stem.  Add the onion and cabbage and cook, stirring until onion is softened and cabbage is wilted. Season to taste with salt and pepper.  Print Recipe


1 comment: