Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2016

Adapting the Eating Plan to Real Life

Last night we joined Frank's sister and her husband at a Jazz club for drinks and appetizers.  Knowing that I was not going to be able to resist a couple of bites of this and that and some cocktails, I decided to be proactive and prepared.

I made sure that I drank more water than required during the day.  I stuck closely to the eating plan for my three meals and two snacks during the day.  We had this wonderful Beef and Cabbage soup for dinner before leaving the house.



When we got to the bar, I ordered a vodka tonic and a large water.  I chose this over wine because wine seems to just evaporate from my glass and I end up drinking two glasses of wine in the time it takes me to drink one cocktail.  Frank's sister ordered up appetizers for the table.  We had an order of shrimp with spicy chile sauce and steak bites.  Both of these made it easy to include for my evening snack.  While the shrimp is not on the list for this phase, you are allowed shrimp on the eating plan. Another glass of water before ordering another cocktail followed by a last glass of water before heading home.  

It was a good evening.  The music was lovely, the company pleasant and the food was tasty. I awoke this morning feeling good and the scale is down another pound.  I hope your day is starting out as well. 

1 comment: