Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

A Fruity Treat Perfect for Phases 1 and 3

I am sharing a wonderful recipe that I adapted from Haylie Pomroy, author of The Fast Metabolism Diet, over on my other blog today.  Please stop by there and get the recipe for this delicious Peachy Lemonade that is perfect during Phase 1 or Phase 3 of this eating plan.

I am midway through week 3 of this 4 week program.  The first week I lost weight like crazy, a pound a day.  The second week I lost 3 lbs. which is still pretty good.  I slipped off the diet a little this week but am disappointed that my wieght has not changed at this weigh in.  I am not discouraged because in the first week I didn't notice a weight change until the 3rd day.  I do notice that the bloat in my stomach is less and that my neck and throat area is back to having no fat gathered on it.  Just that alone makes me much more comfortable.

Today I enter into Phase 2 so I won't be enjoying this drink again until Friday.  Phase 2 is all about protein and veggies.  Tonight I am making a Southwestern Beef Soup to have for dinner before we go out with Frank's sister and her husband.  We are going to a jazz club so I am prepared to go off the eating plan for a drink or two tonight with plenty of water before, between and after those drinks.

Tomorrow we have friends coming for dinner.  This is the perfect eating plan for entertaining because you can easily adapt it for everybody to enjoy.  I am preparing a version of my Grilled Steakhouse Salad.  I am using the same marinade as in the original, changing up some of the salad ingredients and making a roasted red pepper vinaigrette for the dressing.  Stay tuned for that post and recipe coming soon to a blog near you.


2 comments:

  1. That drink looks amazing. Is the weight lost in the beginning water weight??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea. I do know that the bloat is down in my stomach area and my neck and face are thinner than when I started.

      Delete