Pages

Saturday, July 30, 2016

Lunch on a Phase 3 Day.

One of the things I like about this eating plan is that I can have a lot of my favorite foods.  Almost all protein sources are included in each phase.  Phase 1 lets me enjoy as much fruit as I can handle and grains along with my protein and veggies for dinner.  Phase 2 lets me eat beef.....I love beef....grilled steaks with a big salad makes my heart sing.  And Phase 3....well, phase 3 lets me eat almost anything except processed foods.

One of the things I don't like about this eating plan is that while I can have all the foods I love....I can't necessarily have them together.  No sweet potato with that steak in phase 2.  No grains with my lunch on phase 3.  Sandwiches are a thing of the past evidently, although I did make an open face beef sandwich for lunch one day using leftover Sirloin Tip Roast and smothered in True Made Foods ketchup.  It was delicious!

So mostly I don't struggle with what to eat but I struggle with when to eat it.  For lunch today I decided to make a Phase 3 friendly egg salad.  But I wanted to have a grain with my Pork Chop Suey tonight (allowed but with coconut aminos instead of soy sauce) so that meant no bread for my egg salad.  I decided to have it on mixed greens instead and it was delicious.....I can honestly say that I didn't miss the bread at all.  The recipe I am sharing is for those on Phase 3 with more than 20 lbs to lose.  If you have less than 20 lbs to lose you would use only 1 egg.



Phase 3 Egg Salad

1 1/2 hard boiled eggs, diced
1 stalk celery, diced
2 T. sweet onion, diced
2 garlic dill spears, diced
3 T. safflower oil mayonnaise
salt and pepper to taste
Mixed Greens

Combine the eggs, celery, onion, pickle and mayonnaise. Taste and season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.  Serve on a bed of mixed greens.  Print Recipe


2 comments:

  1. We love egg salad. And I could live forever without bread too. Not one of my "have to haves"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dare say that this was the best egg salad I've ever had. It was my first exposure to the safflower oil mayonnaise but I think I am a convert.

      Delete