Pages

Saturday, July 30, 2016

Almost halfway there.

I have nearly completed 2 full weeks of this eating plan.  It has been enlightening in many ways.

Here are the things I have noticed:

  • I have not had heartburn, not one time, since I started this plan
  • I had headaches the first week, but none the past week.
  • It is a lot less expensive to eat out when you don't have drinks with dinner.
  • You don't have to be hungry to eat. In fact, I think I have only been hungry 2 or 3 times this past 2 weeks.
  • You don't have to have potatoes, pasta or rice with every meal.  Yes, it was a good way for our mothers to make a little meat and veggies go farther and feed a family but I am only feeding myself now.
  • I don't miss coffee.  I miss alcohol a little.  I really, really, really miss pizza.  It is becoming an obsession.
  • I can eat as soon as I awaken, regardless of how long I thought I couldn't.
  • Rice milk is pretty good.
  • The last fat stored appears to be the first to leave.  One of the reasons I started this eating plan was because I had gotten fat on my upper chest.  I would awaken during the night feeling like I couldn't breath because the fat was heavy on my neck.  It is gone.  I am sleeping much less fitfully now.  My fitbit shows much less restlessness and wakefulness during the night.
  • You can still socialize without alcohol.
  • Just because you stumble, doesn't mean you have to fall and stay down.
Image result for fast metabolism quotes

Monday will start my 3rd week.  Mondays and Tuesdays are hardest for me, but even they are not hard.  Last Saturday my weight was at 178 on Sunday it had dropped another 2 lbs.  Today, my weight is at 175.  My goal weight is 150 right now, then I will look at how I feel and decide if I should aim for less.  The premise of this eating plan is that if you maintain some of the habits: eating often, eating cleanly, limiting toxins such as caffeine, alcohol and processed sugars.  You will maintain your weight without thinking about it.

I am scheduled to go on vacation when this period is over.  I intend to enjoy my vacation while continuing with the habits I've learned and see how it goes.  When I am done with vacation, I will go back on the plan for another month to help me reach my final goal.  I hope you will continue with me on this journey.

2 comments:

  1. I will continue on this journey with you Wendy! I am enjoy seeing what you are learning and what you are losing. Right now I just cannot deal with giving up coffee again. It was so hard when I was on the Whole 30 and they didn't even say you had to give it up. I just had to give up the French Vanilla Cream that I love in my coffee. I can go the rest of my without alcohol. But coffee, that's another story. YAY!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to have you stick with me Paula. My daughter continued having a cup of coffee with a splash of milk each day not so sure about the French Vanilla Cream though LOL.

      Delete