Pages

Monday, September 5, 2016

Round 2 Starts with a Solid Right Hook

Today starts the second of my Fast Metabolism Diet cycles.  Each cycle is 28 days with the intent of boosting your metabolism to where it should be and stopping the cycle of counting and restricting calories to the point that your body refuses to use up it's stored fat.

Image result for fast metabolism diet by haylie pomroy

I completed my first 28 day session on August 14th and told you all about it in my post "I Made It".  I lost a total of 12 lbs but more importantly I felt good and gave up a lot of bad habits.  I took a break for a few weeks to go on vacation....what happened.....my metabolism must have stayed high because I didn't gain any weight but I did not sleep as well, I came down with a ear/nose/throat thing and I lacked the energy I had previously enjoyed.

I was actually anxious to start this program again because I feel so good when following it.  I started out this morning, as I often do with Phase 1, with a bowl of Puffed Brown Rice and fruit.  Today I used blueberries.  My morning snack was a fruit smoothie.  Then came lunch and lunch is why I am posting here today.


I started out by making the Herbed White Bean Spread that can be found in the Fast Metabolism Diet Cookbook.  I adapted it slightly using Gourmet Garden herbs that I had on hand instead of fresh.


It turned out creamy and delicious.  A hummus with no tahini or olive oil.  Perfect for eating with veggies or rice crackers as a snack.


I decided to add some cucumbers and tomatoes and wrap it all up in a sprouted grain tortilla.


Oh my, but this was a satisfying lunch.
Add a piece of fruit on the side for a perfect Phase 1 lunch.

For dinner tonight we are having Hawaiian Burgers.  You can see my entire weeks worth of dinners at my Weekly Menu.

Herbed White Bean Spread
adapted from The Fast Metabolism Diet

1 (15 oz) can organic garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
juice from 1 lemon
2 t. garlic paste or 2 cloves fresh garlic
2 T. coconut aminos
1 t. parsley paste or chopped fresh parsley
1/4 t. dill paste or fresh dill
salt and pepper to taste

Place all ingredients into a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.  Print Recipe

White Bean and Veggie Wrap

1 sprouted grain tortilla
2-3 T. of Herbed White Bean Spread
1/2 cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
3 thin slices of tomato

Spread white bean mixture onto the tortilla leaving a 1" border.  Layer the tomatoes and cucumbers over the bean mixture.  Fold two end of the tortilla over the filling and then roll the tortilla up enfolding the mixture and veggies within.  Cut on the diagonal and serve with fresh fruit. Print Recipe






2 comments: