Pages

Thursday, September 29, 2016

Green Apple Smoothie

I created today's smoothie of the day in honor of an event in which I am partaking on my other blog called #AppleWeek.  If you, like me, love all things apple you are going to want to check out all the great recipes we are sharing.



I have found that smoothies are a great thing when you are trying to stick to a healthy, whole foods and fast metabolism eating plan.  They take minutes, they give you a full meals supply of vegetables and/or fruit, they are delicious and they are portable.  They are perfect for breakfast or a snack.  I did not use green apples in this smoothie but could have had I had any on hand.  


No, this is why I call it a Green Apple Smoothie.  Look at that perfect green color and icy goodness. I was able to give Frank breakfast in bed this morning. Enjoy.

Green Apple Smoothie

1 c. apple cider
2 c. dark leafy greens such as spinach, kale, chard, etc.
2 small or 1 large apple, cored and cut into chunks
1 c. ice cubes

Place all ingredients into a blender and puree until smooth.  Print Recipe

2 comments:

  1. I love smoothies. But I have yet to be able to drink one that is green!!

    ReplyDelete