Pages

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Can Cookies be Healthy?

I recently became familiar with a company called  Barleans, featuring products rich in Omega 3's.  Barleans was kind enough to send me a sample of  Chocolate Silk Greens and Essential Woman Chocolate Mint Swirl. You can learn about these products by clicking on their name. I want to make very clear that while I love getting free product and I appreciate the sponsors I never write anything that is not 100% truthful when I use them nor would I promote their product if I were not pleased with it.


Now I am not delusional enough to ever say that Fudgey Mint Cookies could ever be good for you, what I will say is that if you are going to have cookies anyway, these will be better for you.  I added some Chocolate Silk Greens that are chock full of antioxidants and some Chocolate Mint Swirl that is filled with Omega 3's.  I guarantee your family will not have a clue that you have stuck some nutrition in with their goodies.


A friend of ours stopped by as I was taking these out of the oven.  He tried one and his exact words were "These are too good" as he grabbed two more and headed out the door to go shooting with Frank.  Give them a try.  I am sure that your friends and family will react the same way when they try them and you can feel good knowing that you are sneaking some additional nutrition into them.   

Fudgey Mint Cookies

6 oz. semisweet chocolate (I used Ghiradelli's)
2 T. butter
2 T. Barleans Chocolate Mint Swirl or 1 t. mint extract
1 scoop Barleans Chocolate Silk Greens, if desired
2 eggs
1/4 c. flour
2/3 c. sugar
1 t. vanilla
1/4 t. baking powder

In med heavy saucepan over low heat melt chocolate, butter and mint swirl.  Remove from heat, add remaining ingredients and stir until completely incorporated.  Drop by rounded tablespoons full onto a parchment lined baking sheet and bake in a preheated *350 degree oven for 8-10 minutes.  Print Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment