Pages

Friday, October 16, 2015

From Cookies to Candy

Since we spoke last, Frank and I got in another 2 mile walk on Wednesday.  Yesterday was a very busy day for me and I was running around from morning until bedtime.  No exercise at all and stopped at Arby's in between appointments.  Now there are some things  I could have probably gotten there that weren't too awful but I didn't...I had a beef and cheddar sandwich, onion rings and a jamocha shake.

I made up for it at dinner though, in between my morning and afternoon appointment I stopped home and put together a vegetable soup for dinner.  So we enjoyed that between my afternoon appointment and choir practice.

Don't be thinking I'm all virtuous though because when we got home from choir it was wine o clock with cheese and crackers.  Oh well, hopefully we will get a walk in today.

Before that though, I would like to share a recipe that I made using Just Hemp Foods.  Just Hemp Foods was another one of our sponsors for Choctoberfest that I celebrated at A Day in the Life on the Farm.  They were very generous and sent me tons of product to use in making recipes.  I created these Chocolate Oat Truffles using both their protein powder and their roasted salted hemp seeds.


I'm not saying that your family, or I for that matter, will choose these over a Resee's Cup but if it is the only choice given they are pretty delicious.  I especially liked the texture and crunch added by the hemp seeds. It reminded be a bit of candy with crisped rice in it.  This recipe will give you 12-15 truffles depending on what size you make them.


One of my kids favorite cookies to make when they were kids were No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies.  They called them Mud Cookies.  They contain many of the same ingredients and these truffles reminded me of them.  Only healthier.  I hope you enjoy them.

Chocolate Oat Truffles with Hemp Seeds

1/2 c. rolled oats (I use Bob's Red Mill)
10 pitted prunes
2 T. unsweetened cocoa powder
1 T. Protein Powder (I used Just Hemp)
1/4 c. nut butter of choice
1 t. pure vanilla extract
pinch of cinnamon
1 (1 oz) packet salted, roasted hemp seeds (I used Just Hemp)

Place all ingredients except hemp seeds into the bowl of a food processor and pulse until finely ground and sticking together.  Empty into a bowl and mix in hemp seeds.  Form into balls about 2 teaspoons each.  Refrigerate until ready to serve.  Print Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment